Discipline, a focus on customer service, excellent interpersonal skills and a smart appearance are qualities which could make you our next employee.
• Have the minimum of A-level qualifications, or a certificate from the International Centre for Studies in Education (CIEP) recognising a level of study IV for foreign diplomas.
• Have a TOEIC certificate with a score of 720 or above valid less than 24 months.
• Be a national of a country in the European Economic Area.
• Have a valid Cabin Crew Attestation (CCA) (none requested for apprenticeship contracts)
You must also show that you listen attentively and are committed to service, that you are disciplined, a team player, independent and adaptable in order to work with teams which are constantly changing.
You must have a smart appearance and have an excellent level of fitness, essential for coping with the turnaround pace.
• The physical and mental fitness for the profession (it is your responsibility to keep up-to-date with your medical check-ups during your initial training).
• Your flight aptitude certificate, linked to the compulsory occupational medical check-up (scheduled by the employer).
• Your CMC (Crew Member Certificate), requested by the employer from the Prefecture.