Known and renowned all over the world for its growing network, its excellent customer service, its investments in digital innovations and activities with high growth potential, Air France is winning more and more awards in all fields and on all continents.
Here are the prizes and awards won by the Company in 2014.
On 19 January 2015, the specialized magazine Airline Economics awarded AFI KLM E&M the "MRO* of the year" prize for the second year running, at the Airline Economics Aviation 100 Awards.
This award, voted by aviation industry professionals, confirms the recognized expertise of the maintenance, repair and overhaul solutions delivered by AFI KLM E&M, along with the quality of its customer service.
The award of this prize for the second year running underlines AFI KLM E&M's commitment to continue to deliver top-level performances in the long-term.
*Maintenance Repair Overhaul.
On Wednesday 24 September 2014, at the Business Travel awards, Air France won the prix d'Or prize in the Public Prize, Airline of the year category. This category in which members of the general public can vote, reaped over 6,500 votes.
During the evening, HOP! was also awarded the Thalys 2014 Business Travel Grand Prize.
On 15 July, at Skytrax's World Airline Awards in London, Air France was awarded two of the highest distinctions in recognition of the high quality of its La Première lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle. The lounge was deemed the best first-class lounge in the world. The lounge's restaurant and menu designed by Chef Alain Ducasse also won a prize for the best food selection in a first-class lounge.
The 3rd edition of Echo touristique magazine's Innovation Awards and another success story for Air France - its digital press app, AF Press, was named best customer service innovation!Chosen by a professional jury, the app was then selected by an online vote open to all.
At the 3rd edition of TripAdvisor's Travellers'Choice Awards, Air France was voted best airline of the year by web users.
This prestigious award received on 12 June, aims to recognize and reward the most talented companies in the European call center and customer service sector. The reward recognizes the Company and team’s commitment, who guarantee a response to their customers’ requests in less than an hour, 24/7 on the social networks;@airfrance, @airfranceFr et sur Facebook.
On 27 January, Air France and the Brandimage agency were awarded the « Janus du Commerce » prize at a ceremony organized by the French Design Institute, for Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance’s design of the Business lounge in Hall M at Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
On 20 May, HOP! and the Brandimage agency received the top prize in the Trophées Marketing 2014 Awards organized in Paris, in the Brand Strategy category.
· The specialized magazine Airline Economics awarded the “MRO of the year” prize to AFI KLM E&M during the Airline Economics Aviation 100 Awards, in Dublin on 20 January. The 6,000 voters, themselves aviation industry professionals, recognized the expertise of the maintenance, repair and overhaul solutions delivered by the Group worldwide.
· AFI KLM E&M was nominated best Equipment MRO* at the Aircraft Technology Engineering & Maintenance Awards (ATE&M) in London on 7 May. This annual event rewards aviation industry professionals in different categories (Best Engine MRO, Best Equipment MRO, Best IT software supplier, Best spare parts supplier, etc.).
Readers of the South-Korean newspaper Korea Herald awarded Air France the "Best Brand Award 2013" prize in the "foreign airline" category. In addition to Air France's global upmarket positioning being honoured by this award, the improvements made to the in-flight dining offer were particularly appreciated by readers.
On 17 April, Air France was named "Best European airline in China" for the fourth consecutive year at the TTG China Travel Awards 2014, an event held in Shanghai organized by TTG China, one of the most important travel and tourism magazines.
On 24 April 2014 in Seattle, Flying Blue triumphed at the Freddie Awards, the most prestigious ceremony rewarding the best loyalty programs. Flying Blue won four prizes for the Europe / Africa region, including Best frequent flyer program of the year in the field of air transport.
Flying Blue won the title of Gold Winner in the “Best Loyalty Strategy on international markets’ category at the Loyalty360 Awards on 17 March 2014, presented during the 7th Loyalty Expo, Loyalty360’s, at the Hyatt Grand Cypress in Orlando, Florida.
On 12 November 2014, in Mexico, the Mexico Food & Travel magazine awarded Air France the "Reader Awards" prize for the "Best international airline". Over 15,000 readers voted to put Air France ahead of its main European competitors.
Here are the prizes and awards won by the Company in 2013
For the ninth consecutive year in 2013, the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), the main international index evaluating companies on their performance in terms of sustainable development, once again ranked Air France-KLM leader in the air transport sector.
On 21 March 2013, Air France was awarded the Travel d'Or for best website in the "Air Transport" category for the third consecutive year.
"Music in the Sky," the Air France Music iPhone app designed by the BETC agency, received the Amaury Media Digital Marketing / Strategies 2013 Grand Prix in the "Mobile app / brand tablet" category on 20 March 2013.
On 13 February 2013, Air France won the QualiWEB 2013 Trophy for the best online customer relations for its website www.airfrance.fr in the "Tourism, Transport" category.
On 21 January 2013, Air France-KLM was voted "Best Short Haul Airline of the Year" at the 18th edition of the Business Travel Awards, which recognizes the work done by the main air transport industry players with excellent results in their sector over the last twelve months.
On 14 February 2013, Air France Greece received the award for Best TOP 10 Airline - in terms of the number of passengers - at the "Airline Marketing Workshop", an event organized by Athens airport, the award for the fastest growing airline in Western Europe and finally, the award for the airline offering the most new destinations.
Sign of the quality of its services in China, Air France received several awards in 2013 at ceremonies organized by major Chinese newspapers, to reward the best players in the tourism sector (travel agencies, airlines, tourist destinations, hotels, cruises etc.).
· On 19 April 2013, Air France was named "Best European airline in China" for the third consecutive year at the TTG China Travel Awards 2013, an event held in Shanghai organized by TTG China, one of the most important travel and tourism magazines.
· In April 2013, Air France was voted "Best Foreign airline” by the "China City First Media Alliance” which groups together more than 20 national Chinese media.
· Air France-KLM was awarded the "Best Industry Partners European Airlines" prize at the "2013 awards for the development of Chinese tourism abroad", sponsored by the Chinese magazine Best Travel.
· On 13 March 2013 in Beijing Air France received the prize for the best airline at the 2012-2013 Youth Travel Awards.
· On February 27 2013 Air France was awarded the prize for "the airline with the best reputation" at the Jinghua Travel New Model Awards 2012, organized by the Beijing Times.
· In January 2013, the Company received the prize for "best air network" at the Travel Industry Awards 2012, an event organized by the Shanghai Morning Post, as well as the award for "Best First Class" at the Beijing Evening News Travel Awards.