Tuesday 4 February 2014
- A unique design for more comfort and freedom
- A fully flat seat bed for perfect sleep
- Direct aisle access for each passenger
- A 16-inch (41 cm) high definition touch screen with over 1,000 hours of entertainment
Air France is continuing its move upmarket and is today unveiling its new Business class seat, for a completely renewed travel experience.
In total, 2,102 seats will be installed between June 2014 and summer 2016 on 44 Boeing 777,the core of Air France’s long-haul fleet.
Every detail has been specially modelled to give the seat its unique design. The passenger is instantly enveloped in its graceful curves into a cocoon-like state of special care.
This real cocoon, with its particularly refined finishing touches (leather upholstery, topstitching) provides an ideal level of comfort and offers the prospect of a perfect sleep.
The new Air France Business class seat was developed around the concept of 3 "F":
• Full flat - the seat converts to a fully flat bed - for crossing time zones without fatigue;
• Full access - direct access to the aisle, regardless of the seat’s location in the cabin;
• Full privacy - a protected area through the seat’s enveloping curves, providing a true bubble of privacy in the sky.
Specially designed for Air France, this seat was developed in collaboration with Zodiac Aerospace, a world leader in the manufacture of aircraft seats. Its unique design was specially created by designer Mark Collins of Design Investment, specialized in the world of high-end transportation and by the design and branding agency, Brandimage.
Seeking to offer the ultimate in comfort in the sky, Air France engaged customers, company employees, designers and ergonomic experts in the seat’s cooperative design effort.
In the Business cabin, customers have a wide touch screen offering a high definition image. This 16-inch (41 cm) screen offers a unique onboard navigation experience similar to a tablet. With a completely redesigned user interface and available in 12 languages (French, English,Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Arabic), choosing an entertainment program from over 1,000 hours of entertainment has never been so easy and intuitive.
• A seat that converts into a completely flat bed for maximum comfort;
• Direct aisle access for every passenger;
• An enveloping structure of curves, providing a feeling of privacy;
• A seat that features all of the latest technology: a wide high definition touch screen, a touchscreen handset, electrical outlet, USB port and new noise-reduction headphones;
• A padded headboard, an Air France signature feature;
• An adjustable soft leather headrest;
• Space and multiple storage areas close at hand;
• A delicate-to-the-touch duvet, a XXL feather down pillow;
• High quality, down to the finishing: leather, choice fabrics, stitching
Within the framework of its Transform 2015 plan, Air France is continuing to develop the move upmar-ket of its entire range of products and services called “Best & Beyond”. With an investmentof over 500 million euros, this project aims to place Air France at the best possible levelin terms of products and to make a difference with a caring attitude towards its customers.
Download the interactive media: "Business: a cocoon in the sky"
Watch the video: "Best & Beyond: Business"
Download pictures in High-Resolution
Download video in High-Resolution (140 Mo)
Discover all the latest Air France news in real time wherever you are on the free iPhone application on the corporate website and on smartphones at http://mobile-corporate.airfrance.com/en
30 January 2015
27 January 2015
23 January 2015