Air France reasserts its commitment to equal opportunities with the signature of a new collective agreement
- Air France has signed a 5th agreement with worker unions promoting gender equality in the workplace
- A three-year cross-category agreement applicable to all Air France staff
- Agreement signatories represent over 90% of votes in staff elections
- More favorable measures promoting diversity within all sectors, a better work-life balance, and actions to reduce differences in pay;
On International Women's Day, Air France has announced the signature of its fifth three-year agreement promoting equal opportunities in the workplace.
The company is thus reaffirming its long-term commitment, with 4 priorities –diversity within the different sectors, opportunities for women to develop their careers and access positions of responsibility, measures in support of staff who are parents, and fighting sexism and stereotypes.
This cross-category agreement has been signed for a duration of three years with five worker unions, representing over 90% of votes in the staff elections. The measures adopted apply to all Air France staff, including ground staff and flight crews.
In addition to renewing and reinforcing measures and actions that have already been successfully adopted by the company, this new agreement introduces improvements in the areas of -
- Measures to support staff who are parents, including longer paternity leave to support the sharing of family responsibilities more easily, easier access to teleworking for pregnant women whatever their position (ground staff, cabin crew, pilots), measures to make it easier for staff seeking to adopt a child to take leave and flexibility for breastfeeding mothers;
- Differences in pay with a more targeted evaluation of persisting wage gaps in order to reduce them.
- Diversity in the different sectors and at all hierarchical levels and the fight against sexism and gender stereotypes with numerous initiatives such as partnerships with associations working to encourage young women to enter technical professions as well as actions to communicate and raise awareness about equality and diversity in the workplace.
This agreement forms an integral part of the company's global approach to improving its employee experience, with constructive social dialogue. Within this framework, numerous initiatives are underway in various areas, notably to promote diversity, equal opportunities and the commitment of all staff.