- I have already obtained licenses/qualifications (ATPL theory and/or CPL and/or IR/ME), can I apply for the Cadet selections?
This is not a problem. During the selection, we will assess you on the same criteria as the other candidates.
If you pass the selection, and based on your experience and licences, you will follow an adapted training module that is shorter than the normal module.
NB.: Pilots holding a MCC may not apply for the Cadet selection and are invited to apply via the Professional Pilot program.
- How can I prepare for the tests?
There are a variety of psycho-technic and logics tests designed to assess cognitive skills that do not require preparation.
- There is no age limit imposed for the selection but what chance do I have over the age of 35?
The age criteria isn’t taken into account in the final decision concerning a candidate who has reached the end of the selection process.
However, the probability of passing the pre-selection and PSY 1 (psycho-technic and psychomotor tests) tests is lower for older candidates. It is proven that cognitive performances assessed through these tests decrease with age.
- What happens during the pre-selection?
The pre-selection is a series of online tests that the candidate takes at his or her leisure over a 36-hour period. The pre-selection will last approximately 1hr30 to 2hr and includes an English test, an aeronautical general knowledge test and several logics and psycho-technical tests.
A few days/weeks before the test, our service provider will contact you by mail to ask you to configure your machine by downloading a secure software (MAC and Windows-compatible). You must have a PC equipped with a webcam.
If you lose your Internet connection during the test, your results will be saved and you will be able to resume the test from where you were disconnected.
- What happens if I don’t pass part of the selection?
If you are suspended from the cadet selection program, you will be able to apply for a subsequent Cadet selection or a Professional Pilot program. If you are suspended a second time, you will no longer be able to apply for an Air France Pilot selection irrespective of the program
Suspension from the cadet selection program is determined as follows:
- he failure of 3 pre-selection tests results in suspension from the course and it will no longer be possible to reapply for the Cadet program.
- The failure of 2 PSY 1 (Psycho-technical and psychomotor tests) tests results in suspension from the course and it will no longer be possible to reapply for the Cadet program.
- 1 suspension after the PSY 2 (interviews) means that the candidate can reapply for the cadet program after a 2-year period or transfer to the professional pilot program.
- Is this selection valid for Hop!
No, this selection is only valid for Air France/Joon and Transavia.
Hop! is also launching its own Pilot selections.
- If I succeed, can I postpone the start of my training so that I can complete my current qualification?
No, training will start between June 2019 and January 2020. If you refuse, your selection will no longer be valid and you will have to reapply for the subsequent selection.
In case of doubt, we recommend that you apply for a subsequent selection.
- Are we free to choose which school to do our training with?
No, Air France allocates the students in accordance with training course requirements and school capacities.
- Which schools have been selected by Air France?
The schools will be : L3 Southampton, ENAC Toulouse and EPAG Merville
- Can I keep working in another job at the same time as the training course?
No, training is full-time for 24 months.
- What kind of contract does a Cadet pilot sign? Is a cadet pilot paid during their training?
In the current legal framework Cadet trainees will be given a professionalization contract. Air France reserves the right to adapt the Cadet pilot's contractual status according to the evolution of the legal framework and / or individual situations.
As part of a professionalization contract, cadet pilots will be paid 80% of the minimum wage for those under 26 and 100% for those over 26. Cadets are provided with accommodation throughout the initial phase in training school.
- Are we allowed to take holidays during training?
Yes, Cadet pilots will have to take 5 weeks of holidays.